Top of the 1st

For quite some time I've been doing Strat-O-Matic recreations of the 1961 season, each time playing into the first month of the season before abandoning for various reasons. This time, with spending time on various YouTube broadcasts of S-O-M recreations for fine tuning, I would like to give this another try, knowing full well that recreating the complete 1961 season will take an eternity. The eternity begins now.

Before I set up this BlogSpot account, I did an pilot game between the 1961 Tigers and the 1961 Orioles of dear friend Dan Merz, which was won by the Tigers behind Jim Bunning's 11 strikeouts, 5-2 despite a furious comeback by those pesky birds. The 1961 season started on April 10 with the Chicago White Sox playing the expansion Washington Senators. The following day, the rest of the expanded AL and the full 8-team NL began play. Using actual lineups provided by baseball-reference.com, I have been to provide somewhat accurate replays of the season, with various variations of how they did compared to the actual game.

I do the advanced version of S-O-M, in which on the back of the basic player cards they have advanced stats for the batters against RHP's and LHP's. The pitcher's advanced cards feature how they did against RHB and LHB. There are also separate charts for strategy and for fielding, with the advanced side of the player cards reflecting stealing range, pitching holds against runners and fielding. 

Sometime tomorrow, I will play the CWS-Senators opener again, then provide a newspaper-type story of the game. After which, I will give radio recreations of the Tigers-Indians and Orioles-LA Angels games. From that point, I will post game stories and radio recreates when needed and print standings and league leaders after the day's games. There's nothing else for me to say except, PLAY BALL!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1973: LCS Game 3's

AL SUMMARIES: 4-20-61

1973 WS G1: Picking up where they (and he) left off