See the USA in your Durocher!
From time to time, I will include some mostly made-up promos and newscasts from 1961 to go with my game recaps, such as this for the popular Dinah Shore show, which was a long-running hit, also known as the Chevy Show because of it's sponsor. Here's a "promo" for the April 16 telecast, which featured an "All-Star" lineup and James Garner:
DINAH (singing): "Take Me Out To The Ball Game." "Be sure to join me this week as I welcome the handsome James Garner, that incredible piano duo Ferrante and Teicher and stars from the Los Angeles Dodgers, including Leo Durocher, Don Drysdale and more. Don't miss because, "It's One, Two, Three Strikes You're Out at the Old Ball Game! MWAH!" NBC:
"Don't miss Dinah and her very special guests in color this Sunday at 9/8 Central time." (NBC Chimes)
Durocher had jokes? Have to check it out on YouTube, I guess.
Comments
Post a Comment