GET ME REWRITE: The minute I pitched Whitey Ford on short rest

I knew I had to scrap this latest 1961 replay.

Sure, I made an expansion Washington team into an early pennant contender and Pedro Ramos pitched a no-hitter. But something told me, "Chuck, you pitched Whitey Ford on short rest." I did, thus on May 2, this replay hit a brick wall.

Maybe it was posting every game every day and coming up with clever headlines for every game. When I start over again tomorrow, you won't see a post from me every day, I'll post at the end of the day I am replaying, which when I restart tomorrow will take me to Thursday. So for April 10-11, I'll play Chisox-Senators tomorrow, then I'll try 2 games a day, with the 2 games being an American and a National League game. When that cycle ends, I will post the game results via a daily newspaper format, including batting, pitching leaders and a highlighted game from that day. 

With trying to play the games as scheduled, minus rainouts, the pitching rotations can be catch as catch can. That's how Whitey Ford ended up pitching on little rest. I'll try to work the rotations a little better, so everyone can pitch on the 4th/5th day without being too distracted. And I'll try to juggle the lineups how I see fit, even if injuries do pop up. 

So you won't see another post until Thursday, as I'll try to craft some better games, better strategies that you will see reflected on my "daily" summaries. You're probably tired of seeing me post on a daily basis anyway, so consider this a "vacation" as I try to craft a smoother, less distracted replay from here on out. You're welcome.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1973: LCS Game 3's

AL SUMMARIES: 4-20-61

1973 WS G1: Picking up where they (and he) left off