OK, 1967 it is
I own 4 S-O-M seasons, 1961/65/67/73. I'm still somewhat of a novice when it comes to this game, still "stumbling in" on a rule I'm a little fuzzy on. (OK, the song "Stumbling In" was playing on Spotify, had to throw that in) A few days after venturing into the 65 season I decided, maybe I better try 1967 again with the ADV/SADV hybrid. How long will this last before I get restless again? Fingers crossed, I opened in Cincinnati, Maloney v. Miller.
CIN 4-11-0 LAD 2-7-0 WP-Maloney SV-Abernathy LP-Miller
Reds struck 1st on a lead-off single by Tommy Harper, Vada Pinson doubled Harper to 3rd, Pete Rose doubled them both home. 2-0 CIN after 1.
The Dodgers rallied to score twice in the 4th, Ron Hunt and Lou Johnson opened with singles, 1st and 2nd, Ron Fairly reached on FC-5, Hunt to 3rd. Jim Lefebvre walked to load the bases, then John Roseboro drove in Hunt with a SF to center. Bob Bailey doubled to right, scoring Fairly, then Lefebvre raced home from 1st, but Tommy Harper's throw cut down Lefebvre at home, leaving the score at 2 after 3-1/2.
Red half of the 5th, Harper singled to open the inning, took 2nd on Pinson's fly to right. Rose lined to 2nd, then Deron Johnson s single scored Harper with the go-ahead run. A 2-out single by Tony Perez turned into an insurance run in the 7th, when Tommy Helms' double to center (Parker) scored Perez all the way from 1st.
Dodger Blue staged a 2-out rally in the 9th when Ron Fairly slugged a double and advanced to 3rd on an infield single by Al Ferrara. After Dave Bristol took out Maloney for relief ace Ted Abernathy, PH Dick Schofield ended the thriller with a called strike 3.
On to Washington and the Sens opener against the Yankees where Phil Rizzuto will be calling the action. OK, they played "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" on Spotify too. "Let Me Sleep on it..."
Comments
Post a Comment