4/16/67: More late-inning magic for Senators, but Chisox walk it off

I still have no idea how Horlen ended up in Cleveland...

G1 CWS 5-11-3 WSH 4-6-1 WP-Lamabe LP-Cox

Pete Ward: Walk-off single in 9th after Senators tied it on pinch-hit 2-run homer by Cap Peterson in top of the inning.

He had 3 in all of 1967: Jerry Adair hit 3rd home run of season to lead off Sox 8th.

But it still wasn't pretty: Sox committed 3 errors, 2 by Buford (3B) in the 1st, lost 2 runners on base-running blunders, 1 more was caught stealing and Ken Berry was hit twice in the F Troop by pitches.

"I will take better care of my Strat cards, I will take better care of my Strat cards... (Repeat 48 more times)"

CWS 3-1 WSH 1-3   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1973: LCS Game 3's

AL SUMMARIES: 4-20-61

1973 WS G1: Picking up where they (and he) left off