To my fellow fantasy baseball leaguers out there...

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!! (Or, how to get stabbed in the back)

I'm not going to say how old I am, except to say, it's the "Paul McCartney" birthday. I would be otherwise overjoyed if I were expecting presents or a cake, but at this age, you take what you can get and just be happy those days are well-remembered. Which brings me to the "Or" part of this blog, so save your applause until the very end.

I forget how many years I have played fantasy sports, I have had titles, some also-ran teams, but no matter what, it is the fun of the game that wins out over the titles and the also-rans. But there is also the part when you are the Commish and have to deal with some "people" out there, people who think they know what they're doing and wield their authority by making chronic trade requests, usually for your best player who you do not want to give up. This person becomes a pain in the "y-k-w" and makes your blood boil to the point of... That person seemed to believe I did not know what I was doing, when in reality I was. Which makes this next part well, read on.

On Wednesday, said "lanced boil" wanted to know if I was doing "keepers", so I gave the keeper thing some thought and replied back, why don't I just make you Commish instead, so you can do the keeper thing and I'll stay as co-Commish.  I handed him the keys. Then in going to the group chat found out that was his plan all along, to force me out. I waited for the next move and today, the backstabbing was complete. The league has a new Commish and co-Commish and I did what any spurned ex-Commish would do, started a new league as Commish, putting the old one in the rear view, though I am still in that league as the owner of the newly renamed team, "The Ghost Finger." So, if I get another unwarranted trade request from that pile of poop, of course, he will get the "F." 

It's my birthday, I'll celebrate with a pizza later on, also looking forward to another fantasy season. But if you ever find yourself in the clutches of a fellow fantasy owner who thinks he knows what's he doing, take that knife away from him and say, "I am not trading Tarik Skubal, you Super-Duper piece of ****!" Then calmly walk away and proceed with your pennant-winning season. Thanks for reading. P.S: The league is in Yahoo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1973: LCS Game 3's

AL SUMMARIES: 4-20-61

1973 WS G1: Picking up where they (and he) left off